More than 123,000 men, women and children currently need lifesaving organ transplants in the U.S. alone
- Every 10 minutes another name is added to the national organ transplant waiting list.
- Sadly, an average of 21 people die each day because the organs they need are not donated in time.
- In 2014, more than 8,500 deceased donors made possible approximately 24,000 organ transplants. In addition, there were nearly 6,000 transplants from living donors.
- Nearly 48,000 sight-restoring corneal transplants were performed in the U.S. in 2014.
- Each year, approximately 30,000 tissue donors save and heal lives.
- More than 1 million tissue transplants are done each year and the surgical need for tissue has been steadily rising.
- According to research, 98% of all adults have heard about organ donation and 86% have heard of tissue donation.
- 90% of Americans say they support donation, but only 30% know the essential steps to take to be a donor.
Data received from http://donatelife.net/statistics/
Be a part of the TK Foundation by walking or running in the Houston Marathon and volunteering at our water station!
Life is a gift, GIVE IT!
Email us on how to get started at email@example.com